Saturday, July 20, 2013

Breathless

Breathless (Jason and Azazel #1), by V.J. Chambers
Breathless (Jason and Azazel, #1)

~Synopsis (from Goodreads)~

"Azazel is seventeen and sexually frustrated.  Her biggest issue is trying to figure out why her seemingly normal boyfriend won't sleep with her.

Then Jason races into her life.  He won't say where he came from or who's chasing him.  He's a delicious puzzle, a boy who has no problem using his fists to solve arguments or quoting Plato to justify his actions.  Azazel is drawn to him.  She's obsessed with finding out his secrets.

What she doesn't know is that Jason's secrets are entwined with her own town's secrets.  Her friends and family have conspired to use her as a pawn in a violent scheme.  Soon, she will have to choose between protecting Jason and staying loyal to everyone she's ever trusted."

     ~My Rating: 1/5 Roses~


~My Review~


I normally don't have spoilers in my reviews, but this time, I'm going to have to make an exception.  I only got part-way through this book, before I had to put it down, and go take a shower.  Once I reached the vivid and graphic description of the main group of people being Satanists, preparing to rape the main character in a Satanic cult ritual on Halloween, I stopped in disgust.  Not my kind of book!

I really would have liked some warning that this book had that sort of thing in it, and I never would have picked it up.  The description/synopsis should mention something about cults, Satanists, witch-craft, demons, something!  Parents need to be aware of that in this series, because it's listed as YA.

The story itself wasn't even that good- the main character is an idiot.  She's a vapid, immature girl who was written to blindly miss completely, painfully obvious events and circumstances, in order to propel the story forward.  I can not think that any one in real life would be that stupid...

Overall, this book was horrible, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone...

~If you're interested, you can find out more info on this book here:
Goodreads: Breathless
Shelfari: Breathless

~You can visit V.J. Chambers' author pages here:
Goodreads: V.J. Chambers
Amazon: V.J. Chambers
http://www.vjchambers.com/

~If you'd like, you can purchase Breathless here:
Amazon: Breathless