Sunday, July 21, 2013

Nightshade

~Titles~
Nightshade
~By~
Andrea Cremer
~Genres~
YA, Paranormal, Romance, Urban Fantasy
~My Copy~
~Hardcover
~Published~
October 19th 2010
~Pages~
452
~Synopsis (from Goodreads)~
"Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers.  But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known.  By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life.  Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?"
~~~~~

~My Rating: 5/5 Roses~

~My Review~
I thought this was a great book, overall.  Action, adventure, romance, forbidden love, hidden danger and secrets!  What's not to love?

It did have some similarities between other popular book series out right now, as far as relationships and the whole love triangle thing, and even with some names.  It is original enough to be entertaining, though.  It wasn't blatant that the similarities were there, and it's certainly an exciting and entertaining start to this series.

I really enjoyed the plot, and the overall story in the book.  I loved the mix of human drama with wolf pack dynamics- certainly very interesting and unique to read.  I adore all the characters, and their individual personalities.  I was able to connect with each one, and really feel like I was there with them.  I also really love the "bad guys" and the way they were described.

The writing was really great- quick, funny and full of wit.  It flowed really well, and made for a wonderful read.  This is certainly a book that will stay with me for a long time to come.   Loved this book, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the sequel.
~~~~~
~Book & Purchase Links~

~Author Links~