Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Iron King

The Iron King (The Iron Fey #1)
~By~
Julie Kagawa
~Genres~
YA, Fantasy, Paranormal, Fae, Urban Fantasy, Romance
~My Copy~
~Paperback
~Published~
February 1st, 2010
~Pages~
363
~Synopsis (from Goodreads)~
"Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart."
~~~~~

~My Rating: 5/5 Roses~

~My Review~
Wow, this book is simply fantastic!  I had never read a book with Faeries as the main characters, before a friend suggested this book to me.  Faerie stories are now very high on my list of books to look for!

I adore all the amazing characters!  Meghan is a good lead character, and while she did annoy me a bit, and has some courage issues, I think she's probably realistic.  Ash is everything you'd want in a cool, brooding, bad-boy Prince.  The perfect personification of the mysterious and elegant Prince Charming.  On the complete opposite side of that coin, is Puck, and Puck is completely perfect!  He is certainly my favorite male lead character, probably of all time.  Grim is just hilarious- also one of my favorite characters now!  The side characters are all also fantastic, and all mix to create a wonderful world, and great story.

I love this story and plot.  The take on Faeries, and magic, and imagination is amazing, and something I enjoyed a whole lot more than I expected.  All the twists, turns, and mystery are simply addicting, and left me craving more, long after the last page!  It has a perfect mix of action, humor, romance, and of course, glamour.

What surprised me most about this book, was the deep message.  That technology and civilization is slowly killing imagination, and the magic children hold in their hearts.  It is truly a profound message, and certainly gives me a lot to think about.  Gives new meaning to seeing children play on cell phones, instead of outside with sticks and imagination...

I'd certainly recommend this book- I can't wait to read the rest of the series!
~~~~~
~Book Links~

~Purchase Links~

~Author Links~