The White Door
(The Visitor’s Series, #3)
~Author: Christly Sloat
~Publisher: Anchor Group
~Published: March 3rd, 2014
~Length: 163 Pages
~Cover By: KC Designs
~Editor: MAI Editing
~Genres: Young Adult, Romance, Paranormal, Dark Fantasy, Horror
The haunting third book in the Best Selling Visitors Series.
“When I first moved here I was still a girl who cherished the normality of teen life. Now, after being here a year I had come to love a boy who was both strong and courageous. I made real friendships that would last even after death. The selfish girl my grandmother warned me of becoming had vanished. A girl who stood tall, with the powers to see the dead and help those in need, appeared in her place.”
In Brylee’s world, nothing is normal. She sees and speaks with the dead and, at seventeen years old, she already has a full plate. She’s in her senior year of high school and college is just around the corner, but only if she learns to control her gifts and survive in the land of the living.
She has succeeded in ridding her boyfriend, Ephraim, from the Brown family curse, but, in the end, her best friend loses her life. Now a whole slew of new problems present itself and, like always, Brylee is tempted to run for the hills. With Ephraim at her side, she must come to grips with the reality that she is not an average girl and she never will be.
What will happen when the town turns on her? Or, better yet, when a body is unearthed in her backyard? The choices that Brylee must make will determine whether she has a future or nothing at all.
Christy Sloat is a SoCal born girl who resides in New Jersey currently with her husband, two daughters and Sophie her Chihuahua. Christy has embraced the love of reading and writing since her youth and was inspired by her grandmother’s loving support. Christy passes that love of reading, writing, and creativity to her daughters, family, and friends. When you do not find Christy within the pages of a book you can find her being mommy, wife, crafter, and dear friend. She loves adventurous journeys with her friends and can be known to get lost inside a bookstore. Be sure to venture into her Past Lives Series, The Visitor’s Series, and watch for many more exciting things to come
~ Connect with Christy ~
~ Christy's Top Ten Ways To Spend A Day Off ~
I am a stay at home mom when I am not a writer. Some may say that I 'always' have a day off because I stay at home, but that's simply not the case. I may be home but there is a three year old that I must take care off. So on the very rare occasion that I get time to myself this is a list of the Top Ten ways I spend that time to myself:
10. If its a nice day, I will go for a walk. My library has a walking path and four loops make up a mile. Exercise baby!
9. Go to Target and blow money I don't have. Yup, I love me someTarget. Sometimes I'll walk around the store and browse while I drink my Starbucks. Totally exciting, right?
8. Go fishing with my husband and kids. I grew up in a place where we didn't go fishing, ever! So when I moved to New Jersey I learned how. My husband is an avid fisherman and hunter. I like catching more than him.
7. Crochet. I enjoy making hats, scarves and other cute stuff for friends.
6. Go to the library. I am obsessed with books and my library feeds that addiction. When I can go there without my kids its a huge bonus. I can sometimes be in there for hours.
5. Eat out with friends. I enjoy good food. My friends enjoy it too. So it's a bonus if I can go out to eat with them and maybe have a glass of wine.
4. Go out on a date with my husband. Very rarely do my hubby and I get to go on a date. So when we do we go eat or go to the movies.
3. Watch T.V. I'm a huge Supernatural fan! I also love Grimm. While I do not have cable I do stream Netfix. It's almost problematic for me because I can sometimes spend hours watching Dean and Sam fight demons. I do love me some Dean!
2. Scour Facebook. I'm not proud of this one.
1. Read!!! I'm a huge book nerd. When I get time to myself this is the number one thing I will do with my free time. Books are a huge part of my life.
I play two Pandora Radio station Lorde Radio and Indie Pop Radio while I write. These are just a few of the songs that helped influence The White Door.
Mumford and Sons - White Blank Page
Marin Garrix - Animals
Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
Ingrid Michaelson - Be Okay
Lana Del Rey - Video Games
Lorde - Tennis Court
Angus and Julia Stone - Big Jet Plane
Miley Cyrus - Adore You
The Shins - New Slang
City and Color - The Girl