Death by Social Suicide
~By: Karen Anne
~Released: February 13th, 2015
~Publisher: Kat Daemon
~Length: 295 Pages
~Genres: New Adult, Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Only .99 cents during the Blitz!
The night Brittany Wakefield kissed her best friend, Jaime, she lost everything. Who knew one amazing moment could send him running— spinning a web of deceit and avoidance for two years. Stepping onto campus, she’s ready to win him back, even if it involves pledging a sorority she has no interest in.
Erik Draxton fell hard for Brit the moment she walked into the art room. With vibrant purple hair, music in her veins and a rebellious flair, she’s all he’s ever wanted.
While Jaime shrouds himself in secrets, Brit finds herself longing even more to be a part of his world. Unable to watch the girl of his dreams get tossed to the side, Erik decides to take matters into his own hands. But when Erik crosses a line, Brit feels backed into a corner, and discovering Jaime’s secret leaves her devastated.
With a shattered heart from Jaime, and the risk of losing Erik on the horizon, she knows one thing: navigating the social circles can be a suicide mission.
Karen Anne is a New Adult Contemporary Romance author who lives in New York. She loves cats, coffee and deeply misses 90’s grunge.
Karen is also known as Kat Daemon, Paranormal Romance writer and lover of all things dark and twisty.
~ Connect with Karen/Kat Online ~
Why Every Brit Needs A Jaime
By: Karen Anne
Death by Social Suicide centers around a twelve year friendship between Brit and Jaime. It got me thinking of how every girl should have a guy friend. What do you think? Do you have a Jaime in your life?
1. A lot less drama! Guys tend to be more laid back and don’t overthink things. They go with the flow, which is a nice change of pace sometimes.
2. You can geek out about things like Star Wars trailers, video games, and fantasy novels without having to explain yourself.
3. You can go on dates— prom, weddings, etc., without having to worry about expectations.
4. You always have a drinking buddy, so you never have to worry about drinking alone.
5. He can always give you the guy’s POV when it comes to your relationship problems.
6. You can eat whatever you want in front of him, and relish in the fact that the food is often greasy.
7. He’s protective of you in an adorable big brother way, not a creepy possessive way.
8. You can lay your head on his shoulder while watching a movie without him taking it as a signal to start stripping.
9. He’s held your hair while you puked, and you both know it wasn’t the first time nor will it be the last.
10. You’ve shared the good times and the bad, and you wouldn’t trade a second of it. He’s your person.
~ Top Ten Reasons To Date An Artist ~
By: Karen Anne
In Death by Social Suicide, Brit is being pursued by a rather talented artist named, Erik. While Brit tries to come up with an endless series of excuses as to why she shouldn’t date him, I’ve assembled a list of why every girl should date an artist at least once in their life!
1. You’ll always be his muse.
2. His knowledge of different art periods makes him an instant sexy museum tour guide.
3. He doesn’t want a girl covered in makeup, he prefers a blank canvas.
4. Free spirit: Artists tend to be open-minded people who appreciate a different view of the world than most, this leads to hours of great conversation.
5. Doesn’t follow trends, so he’s not interested in how expensive your shoes are, or if the bag matches. Which means you don’t need material items to impress him.
6. Passionate! From their work to their girl, they put their heart in all they do.
7. Artists tend to have a desire to travel to places all around the globe to seek inspiration. Make sure you have your passport ready!
8. They’re creative— imagine how that will translate in the bedroom!
9. Two words: Body paint.
10. Role play— just think how hot it would be to drop your robe and say, “Draw me like one of your french girls.”
--3x $5 Amazon gift cards (Open Internationally)
--A guitar pick necklace engraved with a quote from the book (US only)
~Materials and images provided by Xpresso Book Tours.