Thursday, April 30, 2015

*Review*
"Prophecy Girl" by Faith McKay!

Prophecy Girl (Lacuna Valley, #1)
Prophecy Girl
(Lacuna Valley, #1)

~By: Faith McKay

~Published: November 20th, 2012

~Length: 248 Pages

~Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy


Ever since Samantha Winthrop's mother moved them to Lacuna Valley, supposedly in search of better weather, the list of strange questions she has no answers for has been growing out of control.

Does her little sister, Violet, have the ability to make things happen just by "praying" for them? Are Sam's dreams really predicting the future? Is she destined to marry the boy she just met, and what is the mysterious orb that he's guarding? Why does she get the impression that there are dangerous creatures watching from the woods?

While Sam should be focusing on answering those questions, there is one other that makes them seem almost irrelevant: Is her mother planning on killing her and Violet?


~ 5/5 Roses ~

I wasn't sure what to think of this book when I started it- the writing was good, flowed nicely and at a good pace, but wasn't sure where the story was going.  Then I hit Chapter 3- I've had a hard time putting it down since!

I love the situation of this book- it's real (more than most people know) and at the same time, has elements of paranormal and magic.  The sibling bonds are certainly a strong point in this book, and I love that.  The mix of humor with suspense is wonderful, and the comic reliefs are hilarious.  I love a well rounded book that has me cracking up at one point, crying at another, and wringing my hands in worry and suspense at others.  This book is just that- well rounded, and deep.

The characters are all very real and believable, and I love all of them.  I adore the relationship between Sam and Nick- they are just addicting!  I love their love of music, and they way they act together- they really deep and real.

When I reached the end, I was so sad it was already over!  I can not wait to read the next book, and see what happens!

Certainly a book I'd recommend, and an author I'd read just about anything from.

*I was given an eCopy of this book, from the author, to read in exchange for an honest review.


Faith McKay writes quirky paranormal stories with guts. She is the author of Prophecy Girl and its new sequel, Liberty Bound, a story where characters struggle with the idea of having a destiny. In comparison, she feels really lucky that her destiny was to struggle with comma placement and be that awkward lady who points out puns at parties.

Other things to know about Faith… She wears two different colored shoes. She is a survivor of child abuse. She has lived with chronic illness for over a decade. A lot of people don't like her because she laughs too much. It's also the reason a lot of other people do like her, so go figure. She listens to more music than people are probably supposed to. She's a nomad. The word sounds really cool, so a lot of people say it, but she actually lives in an RV with her husband, Robert. 

~ Connect with Faith Online ~



Thanks for reading!  Please follow us for future posts & reviews!

~First published in May, 2013.  Re-posted for our TBT Review.

1 comment:

We love comments!! Please feel free to share your thoughts :)