Thursday, July 21, 2016

*Review & Tour*
"Kaitlin's Tale" by Christine Amsden!

Hiya guys! Hope your week is going amazing!

So, I have to start this post with an apology, mainly to the author of the amazing book this post is about. I was invited to review Kaitlin's Tale, by Christine Amsden, because I've read and reviewed the entire series thus far, and have been a big fan. I was supposed to have my review and post up for her tour on the 15th, and in a scheduling error, I had it marked down for today. I didn't realize until last night, when I was reviewing the post - I am sorry for the delay.

Without any further ado, please check out this amazing companion novel to the spectacular Cassie Scot series!

 Kaitlin's Tale
~Released: May 16th, 2016

~Length: 267 Pages

~Parent's Guide: PG-17

~Genres: Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense


Kaitlin Mayer is on the run from the father of her baby – a vampire who wants her to join him in deadly eternity. Terrified for her young son, she seeks sanctuary with the Hunters Guild. Yet they have their own plans for her son, and her hopes of safety are soon shattered.

When she runs into Matthew Blair, an old nemesis with an agenda of his own, she dares to hope for a new escape. But Matthew is a telepath, and Kaitlin's past is full of dark secrets she never intended to reveal. 

 About the Author

 Christine Amsden
Christine Amsden has been writing fantasy and science fiction for as long as she can remember. She loves to write and it is her dream that others will be inspired by this love and by her stories. Speculative fiction is fun, magical, and imaginative but great speculative fiction is about real people defining themselves through extraordinary situations. Christine writes primarily about people and relationships, and it is in this way that she strives to make science fiction and fantasy meaningful for everyone.

At the age of 16, Christine was diagnosed with Stargardt’s Disease, which scars the retina and causes a loss of central vision. She is now legally blind, but has not let this slow her down or get in the way of her dreams. 

Christine currently lives in the Kansas City area with her husband, Austin, who has been her biggest fan and the key to her success. In addition to being a writer, she's a freelance editor, mom, and foster mom.


 My Review


In another wonderful companion book to the Cassie Scot series, Christine Amsden has wowed me again!

The core story behind this series had me hooked, and is probably one of my favorite series. The companion novels are just as good, if not better, and give the side characters a chance to shine. Kaitlin wasn't one I had connected to deeply in the main series, but through this book, I got the chance to see her a bit deeper, and get to know her better.

Seeing more of her deepened her character, and ultimately, the entire hidden world the author's painted. I found myself biting my nails, worried for her, nearly bursting out with lectures for her, and the dangerous group of people she'd fallen in with. I love a series where I want to fall into the book, become part of the story, and connect with the characters - this book definitely fits that category.

In fact, every book I've read from this author has been that kind of extraordinary experience. She has a wonderful talent for pulling you into her magic, and it sticks with you long after you've finished reading. I would definitely recommend this book, and it's base series. It may be able to be read as a stand alone, although I would suggest reading the Cassie Scot series first. The details in this world are extensive, and this book will shine far brighter with the foundation set properly.

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel, and cross my fingers for more books in this line. Many thanks to the author for sending me a copy to read and review - I love your books!

*I was given a copy of this book, from the author, to read in exchange for an honest review.

Be sure to add this book to your TBR list, and let me know in the comments below what you think of it!

Thanks for visiting! =D