Sunday, September 22, 2013

First Two Liebster Awards!!

Wow, so I was nominated for two blog awards in the last few weeks.  Mainly feeling surprised and humbled- thank you so much to the gals @The Indigo Quill, and to Monique @Mo Books!  I'm flattered you'd nominate Desert Rose Reviews for an award :)


This prompted me to do a little research on it though, since I'd never heard of the Liebster award.  Thanks to the research work of Sopphey @Sopphey Says, I got some answers.  You can read what she found here: http://sopphey.onimpression.com/2012/05/liebster-blog-award-origins.html.

Basically, just a fun award to recognize and support new up-and-coming bloggers- pretty neat :)  I also found that Liebster means ‘dearest’ in German.

~ The Rules For Accepting This Award ~

- Link back the blogger that tagged you.

- Answer the questions of the one who tagged you.

- Nominate ten other blogs/bloggers.

- Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate.

- Let your nominees know of their awards and tag backs.

~ My Question Set, by @The Indigo Quill ~

1. What is your favorite genre and why?
~I generally tend to favor YA, particularly paranormal and supernatural.  For me, reading is an escape from reality- the chance to experience living another life, for a while.  Paranormal and supernatural stories tend to be the best and most exciting escapes :)

2. How long have you been book blogging?
~I started this blog in the beginning of May, 2013.  I guess that puts this blog at a little over 4 1/2 months old.

3. What is the one book you think everyone needs to read? Why?
~One book?  I don't think there's any one book that everyone needs to read.  However, authors are another matter.  I think life is incredibly dull without including the incredible works of Shakespeare, Chaucer and Charles Dickens, to name a few.  Basically any of the classics.

4. Hardcover, paperback, or eBook?
~Hardcover.  I have a lot of eBooks and paperbacks, but I adore hardcover books.

5. Who has been your blogger-inspiration?
~I know it probably sounds pretty bad, but I don't have one.  I get inspiration from a lot of different places, but no one place in particular.  I suppose any blog I follow has probably been some sort inspiration for me.

6. Name 3 things you enjoy doing other than reading.
~Singing, cooking and spending time with my family.

7. If you could own an entire series, which one would it be?
~I already own most of the series I'd dream of having, haha.

8. Coffee, tea, or something else while reading?
~Tea, water or Mt. Dew

9. What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book?
~Ooo, hard question, b/c I don't like most movie adaptations of books.  I guess the best would be the overall Lord of the Ring series or the Hobbit, which is probably the most used answer ever, but there you go.

10. Which book are you looking forward to coming out in the near future?
~I honestly can't think of any that are coming out in the near future. Most of the books I'm looking forward to are sequels to books I've recently read, and won't be published til next year.

~ My Questions, set by @Mo Books ~

1. What are you currently reading?
~ Nothing at the moment- I just finished a book for review, and am spending the day working on the blog and other hobbies.

2. What is your favorite book(s) of all time?
~ I can't say I really have one.  I have a top 10 list, and most of those are YA paranormal. 

3. How did you come up with your blog's name?
~ "Desert Rose Reviews" is a metaphor for me and my life.  It has several hidden meanings in the name, that only me and a few others get, and it's also an anagram :)

4. Who are your top 3 book boyfriends?
~ Haha well, sorry to disappoint, but I don't have book boyfriends.  I pick one guy I think the girl would work with better when there's a love triangle with two guys, but I don't do the whole "book boyfriend" thing.  I did when I was younger, but I'm happily married now, and I haven't found a guy in a book that compares to what I've got in real life :)

5. Do you have a favorite book quote?
~ Many.

6. Do you have any of your own personal memes on you blog?
~ Haha in all honesty, I'm still trying to figure out the whole meme thing- still haven't gotten into those yet, so I guess the answer is no.

7. If you could meet any author, past or present, who would it be?
~ Oh wow, that's a long list.  I guess I'd adore meeting William Shakespeare, or Geoffrey Chaucer.

8.  Have any bookish pet peeves?
~ It irritates me when people toss books around, or treat them dis-respectfully.  I also don't like books that aren't written well, but still published...books should be handled with care and respect in both writing and reading.

9. What are your favorite genres?
~ YA, paranormal, supernatural, fantasy, sweet/blush romance (nothing that should be kept behind closed doors), dystopian, steampunk...just about anything fiction, that isn't erotic.

10. If you could be a character from any book, travel to any world, who would you be? Where would you go? And (again from any book) who would you bring with you?
~ If I could travel to any world, I'd probably travel to Middle Earth (Lord of the Rings) and I'd be happy to bring any of the heroes from that story.  Same with Harry Potter, although not quite as much.  I don't think I'd want to be a character from any book- I'd want to create a character based on me :)

~ My Nominations ~

~ Questions for the bloggers I tagged ~

1. What inspired you to create your blog?
2. How long have you been blogging?
3. What is your favorite book genre?
4. Do you have a favorite book?  If so, what is it?
5. Do you have a favorite author?  If so, who?
6. Do you have a favorite book character?  If so, who/what?
7. Do you remember the book that sparked your love of books?  If so, what book was it?
8. What is your favorite film adaptation of a book?
9. Hardcover, paperback or eBook?
10. What are 3 things you enjoy doing, besides reading or blogging?

Congrats and have fun! Don't forget to read the rules before re-posting! :)

4 comments:

  1. Great Post!!! I love your answer about the "book boyfriends" - that is so sweet :)

    I am honored that you nominated me :) I will definitely fill this out & post it sometime. I recently received the liebster from Monique from Mo's Books so I don't want to post them too close together.
    Thanks again - have a great week:)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth! :)

    That's so awesome you were nominated twice- congrats! :D I had to wait a while to post this as well- whenever fits for you :)

    Cheers!

    ~Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose! Thank you so much!!! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, something is wrong with my "new comment" notifications. I'll gladly accept. :) I will answer those questions ASAP!
    Thanks again,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah! You're welcome, I really loved your blog! No problem on taking a while to get to the questions and all, there's no time limit! :) Looking forward to your post.
    All the best,
    ~Rose

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! Please feel free to share your thoughts :)