Thursday, October 9, 2014

Our 5th & 6th Liebster Awards!! :D

Hi everyone!  Rose here.  We've been getting back into blogging after a summer vacation away, and are excited to share a double Liebster Award post with you!


We were nominated for our 5th Liebster award several weeks ago, by Cynde @ Falling For Books!  Much thanks to her for the nomination.

While we were preparing our post for that award, we were nominated again, by Ellen @ Random Smiles!  Thanks to her for the nomination!

So, we decided to join the two, and limit redundant topics and posts.  We are going to answer both sets of questions from our nominators, however we're only going to have one set of random facts, one set of nominees, and one set of questions for our nominated blogs/bloggers to answer.  We love this award, but goodness, 22 facts, 22 blogs to nominate, and 22 questions is a bit of a daunting task! haha

For those of you who haven't heard of the Liebster award, it was created to help recognize new bloggers, and is passed along from blogger to blogger.

You can click here to learn more about this award.

Here are the Rules:

1. Link and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2.  List 11 facts about yourself.
3.  Answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you asked.
4.  Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers and leave them a comment letting them know they've been nominated.
5.  Ask 11 new questions for your nominees.
6.  No renominating the blog that nominated you!

So, here we go!!

11 Random Facts About Rose ~

1.) I am married to my best friends.

2.) Some of my hobbies are reading, cooking, writing, making music, and singing.

3.) I am currently a stay-at-home-wife and pet mommy.

4.) I am addicted to Pinterest and Shelfari.

5.) I have very few friends, but the ones I have are true.

6.) I have moved more times than the number of years I've been alive.

7.) I can not live without music.

8.) My favorite genre of books is Young Adult Paranormal.

9.) I have violet eyes.

10.) I love to travel.

11.) I have spent a lot of my life acting, directing, and working on sets for plays and commercials.

Questions from Cynde @Falling For Books:

1.) Why do you blog?
As an outlet to share and express the things I wish to critique, rave about, and discuss. 

2.) Why do you love to read?
It's a great escape from life, into a world not my own.  The same reason for why I love acting and music. 

3.) What is your favorite genre?
Young Adult Paranormal/Supernatural.

4.) When did you fall in love with books?
Before I could even read.  I learned to read at age two, because I already loved books, and wanted to know what was inside them :)

5.) Paper back or eBooks?
If I have my choice, I'd rather read a paper back book.  However I have to admit, I tend to read eBooks more often, as they are more convenient and often on sale for free or very inexpensive.

6.) Where do you like to read?
Curled up in my favorite chair, or in a tree/hammock :)

7.) What is your favorite book and why?
I don't have a favorite book.  That's one of the questions I dislike the most, because there are simply too many great books out there, in too many fantastic genres, and I can't pick just one. 

8.) What do you do when you are not reading?
Listen to music/sing; play with my dogs; hang out with my best friends; travel & explore; write in my own books.

9.) What about a book makes you choose it?
Usually the synopsis, genre, or the author.  I often assess the cover as well, and sometimes that does influence whether I read a book or not.  

10.) What is your favorite movie?
Again, there are too many great movies out there to choose from, and too many genres.  Being an actress myself, I'm not able to pick one favorite!

11.) If you were to write a book what would it be?
I am writing several books at the moment, and the majority of them fall into the Young Adult/ New Adult Paranormal genre.


~ Questions from Ellen @Random Smiles:

1) What book would you like to cast for a movie and who would play the lead roles?

Wow, that's a difficult question!  One of the many books I'd love to cast for a movie would be the Taken Trilogy, by Jessica Frances.  I'd cast as follows:

Zoe: Alexis Bledel
Charlie: Alexander Ludwig
Rose: Ashley Greene
William: Tahj Mawry
Blake: Corbin Bleu
Stan: Gary Oldman
Martha: Jaime Pressly

















~*~*~

2) What is your favorite reading genre?

I love Young Adult/New Adult Paranormal.

3) Who are your TOP 10 authors?

Not in any particular order:

10) Jason T. Graves
9) Lanie Jordan
8) Jessica Frances
7) J.H. Walker
6) P.T. Michelle
5) Scott Westerfeld
4) Ally Condie
3) Andrea Cremer
2) Sophie Davis
1!!) Blank!  I actively choose to not have a favorite author.

4) What are your TOP 5 books?

Not in any particular order:

5) The Academy Series, by C.L. Stone
4) Rewrite Redemption, by J.H. Walker
3) Talented, by Sophie Davis
2) The Uglies Series, by Scott Westfeld
1) Blank!!  I actively choose not to have a favorite book.

5) What is your favorite children's book?

I don't have a favorite children's book.  I always enjoyed the Nancy Drew series, The Babysitter Club books, and the Animorphs series.  I also really love a book called Scared Stiff - great book to read around Halloween, if you want the bejesus scared out of you!! haha

6) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go to meet an author?

I think it would be a ton of fun to meet authors in France.

7) Where is your go to reading spot?

The love-seat in my living room.  It'll be the hammock we'll have in the back yard, if we ever get one.

8) If you could write your own book; any genre/topic, what would it be about?

I am writing several books at the moment, and they're mostly YA/NA paranormal, with very PG romance background stories.

9) Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolate?

I adore hot chocolate in colder weather, but not in the summer.  Hot weather is definitely tea weather :)

10) What is your favorite season of the year?

Winter!!

11) What was the last random thing to put a smile on your face?

A text from my guy :)


My Nominees ~
~ My Questions For My Nominees: 

What is your blog about?

What kind of books do you enjoy reading the most?

What kind of music do you enjoy?

If you could write a book about anything, what would it be about?

Where is your favorite place to get comfy and read?

Do you like to eat/drink anything while you read?  If so, what?

What book/series are you looking forward to the most?

What is your favorite book-turned-movie?

What book would you love to see made into a movie?

Who would you cast for the above movie, if it were up to you?

Just for fun: are you doing anything for Halloween?


Thanks again to my nominators, and congrats to our nominees!  Hope you all have fun! :D

Ciao for now!