Wednesday, December 24, 2014

*Series Sale*
"Eric Elmoor Saga" by Thomas A. Meyers!

Hey peeps, Rose here.  I found out recently that an awesome series is going to be FREE this week, and just had to share it!  I read the first book in this series last year, and the sequel just came out - I'm currently reading it, and enjoying it quite a bit!

This is a wonderful series for fantasy lovers - it's got action, suspense, adventure, mystery, rebellion, heartache and love!

Check out the book info below, including my review of the first book, and if it sounds interesting, head on over to Amazon and get your Kindle copy today!!!  The sale will last from December 24th - 28th - perfect for a little Christmas treat ;)


Eric Elmoor and The Gauntlet of Godric 
(Book 1)

~Published: December 6th, 2012

~Length: 260 Pages

~Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

~Find It On:


FREE Until the 28th!!

~Synopsis:

Welcome to Novogard – Where lands have been shattered from racial division. Where a powerful government has begun its encroachment onto unwilling societies. Where the magical and the technological collide. 

Fifteen year old Eric Elmoor has always felt like an outcast; ceaselessly teased about his unusual purple eyes, never fitting into any particular group at school, raised only by his mother since his father died inexplicably when he was only a small child. But when three warlocks simultaneously attack the three biggest cities in all of Novogard, Eric is taken on a journey to the elf homeland where the secrets of his mysterious origins will be revealed and the power within him unleashed...and a forbidden relationship with the chieftain's goddaughter begins. 

With the warlocks and their hellish horde now threatening the borders of the elvish lands, Eric must find the courage to make a stand and face the one who murdered his father in the vain hope of saving all of Novogard from utter ruin.


~ 5/5 Roses ~

Picking one word to describe this book, would be nearly impossible. Filled with action, adventure, mystery, rebellion, heartache and love, this is a fully satisfying story, perfect for any fantasy lover.

The characters created in this story are both original and nostalgic. Full of timeless classics in the fantasy genre, with tweaks and quirks to make them original, the creatures that fill this book leave the imagination whirling. The main characters are simply wonderful, all full of distinctive personalities and whit, they take the reader on a fantastic adventure.

One thing I loved about this story, is the depth of the challenge the main characters face, and the real-life struggles they deal with. Forced to choose between the bravery to do what's right and survival, they engage in a familiar good vs bad, light vs dark battle, where you're pulled into their struggle, and left wanting more.

Being the first book in a series, it does a wonderful job of introducing the characters and background story, while still being an action and adventure-packed book. The writing is quick, smooth, and entertaining. With as much humor as action, it is sure to satisfy any reader.

This is certainly a book I recommend, especially to any fan of Lord of the Rings or similar stories, and is a series I'll be excited to continue reading.

*I was given an ebook copy of this book, by the author, to read in exchange for an honest review.


Eric Elmoor and The Chalice of Cameron
(Book 2)

~Published: October 24th, 2014

~Length: 300 Pages

~Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

~Find It On:


FREE!!  Until the 28th!!

~Synopsis:

Nearly a year has passed since the Battle of Fairwood, but the images of that day have been haunting Eric's dreams ever since. 

Ben arrives back in Gondlair to warn Eric of their enemy's resolve and to offer him a chance to resume his training. Wishing for some sort of normality, Eric turns down the offer. 

But when Derex returns to attack his school, Eric comes face-to-face with a cold reality: He cannot escape the darkness spreading across Novogard. Setting out for the dwarf city of Eohton, he finds that the elves have become refugees - exiled from their own land. It is here where he will continue his tutelage under Warwick Wargrim. However, Lillian Scarlight is never too far from Eric's mind. 

As time ticks by, the intentions of their enemy becomes all too dire. Loyalties will be tested, blood will be spilt, and an unforeseen alliance will shake Novogard to its very core.


~ 5/5 Roses ~

Perfect Continuation of a Fantastic Adventure!!

Following on the heels of it's prequel, this book pulls you back into Novogard, and Eric's adventure. The story continues with just as much adventure, angst, suspense, humor, wit and challenges every fantasy fan will adore. Each character grows quite a bit in this book, and their individual and joint journeys give an already fantastic story depth and perspective. 

This book takes several interesting turns and surprises, keeping the reader on their toes. The writing is just as smooth and entertaining as ever, pulling you in and wrapping you up in this fantastic world. Even better than the first book, this story keeps getting better!

I would absolutely recommend this book to any fantasy fan. I hope there will be several more books to come in this series, and many more from this author.

*I was given an eCopy of this book, from the author, to read in exchange for an honest review.




Connect with Thomas Online ~


In a hole in the wall there lived a writer...

Where to begin? Well, I can honestly tell you that I cannot remember when I first started putting pen to paper. But I do know that I have always had a fascination with storytelling and that it has always been my dream to share those stories with other people.

My "professional" writing career began with screenplays. You know, those documents that eventually turn into movies that have entirely too much white on the page. Yeah, I've written several of those. I became a semi-finalist in a monthly contest when Amazon Studios was still doing month-to-month contests. And another one of my scripts also garnered interests from UK and US producers but kept on hearing the same thing: the budget was too high. "The story is great," they said. "But we can't put $50 million toward a project written by an unknown." My dreams were shattered.

Amidst all this daring-do in trying to sell my scripts, I even tried to get my wife to read a few of them but she found the format of screenplays jarring (as most people who've never read one and suddenly tries can attest to). She told me that she'll read my book (whenever it was that I came around to writing one).

I still had faith in my screenplay writing abilities and kept trying to plunge forward. But I found that I kept running into a brick wall and my face was beginning to turn bloody from it. The reason? I write too big. The budgets for every one of my scripts were in the $10 million+ range and no one would invest in a new writer with that kind of money at stake.

So, on a family vacation to Orlando, Florida, we arrived at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure on the day The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened along with 6,000 other people. After riding everything else that the park had to offer in under four hours, we decided to brave the 6 hour wait in line to see what the new Harry Potter park had to offer.

We waited and waited. Then...I got bored. While standing in line, there was a big jumbotron that was showing various scenes from the Potter films and the thought hit me: Rowling has her own world, Tolkien has his own world, so does George Lucas and even James Cameron. I want MY own world!

At that point I left my wife and son in the line while I ran to the nearest gift shop and purchased a leather-bound Hogwart's journal for entirely too much money, returned to my family, pulled out a pen that I always carry with me, and stared at a blank page while the line slowly crawled forward. What the hell do I write?

Then something hit me: Nearly all traditional fantasy takes place in a quasi-medieval world where people still fought with swords and shields and castles peppered the lands. What if a world like that were to evolve into a technological society? A world of towering metropolis's and public transportation and more advanced weaponry? How would the dwarves, elves, gnomes, and humans interact in this advanced world? Would EVERYONE sign on to this technological revolution? From that point on, the flood gates were open.

I wrote various ideas and possible plotlines all the way until we arrived at the gates of Hogsmead 5 hours later, stopping only to use the restroom, get a drink, or grab a dose of nicotine. I had created my own world. The world of Abeodor. The story that hatched in my mind takes place on one of the 5 continents in that world: Novogard.

That was in 2010. Since then I have fleshed out all 5 books into solid scant outlines and finished the first book in the series.

So why self-publish? Well, in the 5 years of trying to break into the movie industry, I began to tire of people telling me 'no' at every turn. With self-publishing, I don't have to do that. I don't have to deal with a Council of Editors that I have to appease in order to have a publisher release my book. 



Did you know this series also has a group on Goodreads?  It does!!  You can head on over here and join to discuss this awesome story!

Thanks for visiting!  Remember, once you download your free copies, please share this post so your friends can enjoy this sale as well.  Thanks!!

Merry Christmas everybody!

Keep Creating!

~Rose