Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Holiday Update!

Hiya guys! Happy Christmas Eve Eve ;)  Hope you're all enjoying your holiday so far! =D


I wanted to write an update post real quick, to let everyone know what I'm up to at the moment. As most of you know, and can see from the note on the left sidebar, we are super backed up on reviews. I literally still have requests from last year I haven't gotten a chance to complete, which makes me cringe to admit.


I keep expecting and hoping that life will ease back up, and allow me to read more again. It's not. While I'm modifying my schedule to fit in more reading, it's still slow-going. With my own book due for publishing soon, I'm going to have even more reading time lost. #juggling #balancing


So, I figured the best thing to do, for now, is write temporary reviews/updates for the books I've started, and have a somewhat comfortable feel for. I've started reading several books, and simply haven't been able to finish them, which so sucks! Isn't that the most irritating feeling? Ugh.


So, I'm going to be sharing several posts in the coming weeks, for books I've started & enjoyed. Once I'm able to finish the books - and I will finish them all - I'll update each review accordingly. I'm hoping to get my list at least cut in half by New Years, fingers crossed.


I am hoping the authors that end up with a temp review from me are alright with that. I know if it was my book, I'd rather that, just so I know the reviewer doesn't hate it, or I'm getting jipped or something. I certainly don't want anyone thinking of Desert Rose as unreliable, and I think this is the best way to avoid that.


So, if you're an author and you believe you have a review pending from us, hopefully you'll get an updated review soon! I won't be posting negative reviews for this type of temp update, since that's not really fair. The few I've put up already have been positive, and it's so nice to at least have something there, haha.

I'm still crossing my fingers that I'll have more time to read next year, but starting two businesses and publishing a new series is time consuming. Not holding my breath, but keeping my digits crossed ;)


I hope you're all having a wonderful holiday, and enjoying Winter so far!

I am curious - have any other authors or bloggers had to do the temp review thing? I've seen others who have, but I'm curious how it went, for those who've been in a similar situation?  Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for visiting & reading. Please feel free to share this post with your friends! =D


Ciao for now,

~Rose