Saturday, November 9, 2013

Third Liebster Award!

Desert Rose Reviews was nominated for another Liebster Award recently, making it our third!!  Thanks so much to Amanda Bartolini @Fangirls Of Fiction- I'm honored! :)


I used a different Liebster Award logo in my other award post, but just had to copy this one from Amanda's post- it's so cute!!

I had done research for the previous award post on what the Liebster award is (see that post here), and I found that it's basically a fun way to recognize and support up-and-coming bloggers and new blogs with an award.  Generally the blogs that are nominated have fewer that 200 followers, and need support.

Rules For Accepting The Award ~

~Link back to the blog that nominated you.

~Answer the questions they set for the blogs they nominated.

~Nominate 10 blogs of your own, and be sure to let them know, with a link to your post!

~Ask 10 questions for the blogs you nominate to answer in their post.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Questions Set By Fangirls Of Fiction ~

1.) What was the first book that made you realize you loved reading?
Probably If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, or Harold and the Purple Crayon.

2.) If you can live in one book for a day, what would it be?
Ooo, hard question!  That list is sooooo long...I guess the one I'd pick at the moment, would be a tie between Nightshade, by Andrea Cremer, and Firelight, by Sophie Jordan

3.) Who are your top five fictional boyfriends?
I was asked this for one of my other Liebster Awards, and the answer is the same: "Haha well, sorry to disappoint, but I don't have book boyfriends. I pick one guy I think the girl would work with better when there's a love triangle with two guys, but I don't do the whole "book boyfriend" thing.  I did when I was younger, but I'm happily married now, and I haven't found a guy in a book that compares to what I've got in real life :)"

4.) Who is your favorite author and why?
Ah, yes, fav author.  Honestly, I really dislike this question :/  I don't have a fav author- there are way too many authors out there for me to pick just one.  I have "Top 10" lists based on genres, such as "Classics" or "Romance" or "YA Paranormal" and such, but that would be a pretty long answer.

5.) Favorite book of 2013?
Yet another question I dislike answering.  There have been so many great books this year!!  Top 5 would be:
~Morning Stars by Jason T. Graves; 
~The Ambrose Beacon, by Alena Gouveia; 
~Holding On and Letting Go, by Lucy Kelly; 
~The Dreamwalker, by Lillian Bishop & Constance Williams;   
~City of the Gods, by S.J. McMillan

6.) What book are you most excited to read in 2014?
Several sequels to books and series I've read this year- again though, I don't have a top book :P

7.) What female character is most like you and why?
Ooo good question!  I still haven't found one that's a totally close fit, but I think I'm a mix of several characters. Such as, Jade from The Breed Chronicles, Calla from the Nighshade series, Samantha from Prophecy Girl, A.J. from Rewrite Redemption, and Nara from The Brightest Kind of Darkness series. 

8.) What is your favorite movie adaption of a book?
I know it's probably the most used answer of all time, but it's a tie between the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit films, and the Harry Potter series.  They're just so entertaining!! :D

9.) If you could be one character from a book for a day, who would it be and why?
I'd love to be Jacinda, from Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.  It would be amazing to experience life as a dragon/draki.  The ability to fly, shape-shift, and breath fire for a day- that would be pretty awesome :)

10.) If you ever wrote a book, what would it be about?
Actually, I have started several books, and they're all in the YA Paranormal genre.  One is about aliens, another is about shape-shifters, and another is still getting worked out, but will be quite an adventure when it's finished :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My Nominations ~


All the gals @Almost Faemous

Adrienne Reiter @Adrienne Reiter's Blog


Julia Barrett @Adventitious Reading


Margaret @Literary Chanteuse

JoAnne McMaster @Any Good Book


Elizabeth @Afternoon Book Party

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Questions for My Nominees ~

1. How long have you been blogging?

2. What kind of stuff to you post about?

3.  What's your favorite book?

4. What's your favorite movie adaptation of a book?

5.  If you could travel to any book land, where would you go?

6.  What book character is most like you, and why?

7.  What made you want to start blogging?

8. What's your favorite kind of music?

9.  Who's your favorite band/artist?

10. What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I hope you all except the award, and have a ton of fun!!

Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination Rose! I'll be posting my questions tomorrow!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the nomination, Rosie! I hope to do my post tomorrow as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Looking forward to your post :)

      Delete

We love comments!! Please feel free to share your thoughts :)