Wednesday, March 5, 2014

*Spotlight*
"Retribution" by Virginia Brasch!


Retribution
(The Artemis Series #1)

~By: Virginia Brasch

~Release Date: March 3rd, 2014

~Genres: Adult, Romance, Suspense

Goodreads ~ Amazon

You can find more information and buy links for Retribution on the Entranced website.

An eye for an eye. Bailey Russell is an assassin on an Artemis Agency assignment that is both business and personal: take out Amir Fahad, the arms dealer, who killed her partner. She’s put together an ideal plan that includes using herself as bait. Grieving the loss of her former partner and her team’s faith in her she vows the only way this mission ends is in death: hers or Fahad’s.

A dangerous web they weave. British Intelligence Operative, Ben Ambrose, is married to his job. And for the past three months that has meant living undercover as part of Fahad’s crew. Three month’s work blown when he feels compelled to risk his life to protect Bailey and her friends from Fahad’s men.

The best laid plans. Bailey’s plan ruined. Ben’s cover blown. Their entire professional lives consist of lies and subterfuge, but there’s one thing Bailey and Ben can’t hide from each other, their growing attraction. Still, each wants to complete their mission at all costs:personal and professional. 

Payback’s a bitch and this time her name is Bailey.

~*~*~

*To read an Excerpt from Retribution, visit this post!


Virginia Brasch, author of Retribution, the first book in the Artemis Series is making her writing debut. The married Pennsylvania native has an inherited love of books. Virginia was tired of reading stories about helpless damsels in distress and started writing about her own kind of heroine.

She snorts when she laughs, has an unfortunate fondness for karaoke, a growing collection of books, and is drawn always to the sea. She was also once hit in the head by a small sailboat’s boom and tossed overboard. This taught her the importance of expecting the unexpected. She enjoys dirty jokes and swears like a sailor though claims to be “****ing working on it.” 

Virginia is an adventurer who lives a wildly exciting life. Afraid to fly, she travels infrequently. She gets excited to spend a night in reading or snuggle up watching a movie with her husband. She likes hanging out with her mom or tentatively venturing out with girlfriends, lured by promises of wine and laughing until it hurts. 

“Life is short. Have fun while you’re here.”

She writes suspense with a romantic kick and fully believes heroines should be a bit brash. For more romantic suspense fun, or just for a chat, you can find Virginia on Twitter, Facebook, and her Website. She encourages readers to go ahead and be a little bit Brasch.


The music Virginia listened to while writing Retribution.

1) Breaking Benjamin: I will Not Bow

2) Love and Theft: Runaway

3) Eli Young Band: Crazy Girl

4) The Jane Dear Girls: Wildflower

5) SafetySuit: Stay

6) Evanescence: Taking Over Me

7) Goo Goo Dolls: Long Way Down

8) Florence + The Machine: Shake It Out

9) Breaking Benjamin: Without You

10) John Mayer: Assassin

11) Seether: Tonight



12) Rhianna Feat. Mikky Ekko: Stay

~Character Bio and Interview with Bailey Russell~

I have Bailey Russel here with me today, and she was kind enough to let me interview her.  Before we get into that though, here's some info on Bailey...

~Sign: Scorpio- Nov. 19th

~Age: 27

~Occupation: Artemis Agency Board Member

~Likes: Caffeine, movies, travel, hitting the shooting range, working out

~Dislikes: Shopping, Feelings, Over-sharing, Holidays

~Favorite color: Green

~Pet peeve: Early morning board meetings.

--Bailey lost her parents to a car accident when she was four. She was pulled from the wreck with only minor injuries. They were hit head on by a driver who was high on drugs. Bailey only has garbled memories of the accident and her parents. She has a box of old photographs she keeps under her bed but can’t bring herself to look at.

--She bounced around foster homes frequently eventually rebelling until Amelia rescued her and brought her into the Artemis Agency when Bailey was fifteen. Amelia even let Bailey rescue a dog, Nugget, when she a sixteen. The little Beagle lived in the Artemis penthouse for nine years until it died of old age. Bailey loved it.

--Though she doesn’t remember much about her parents Bailey struggles with holidays and would much prefer a movie marathon and Chinese food to celebrating. When she needs to “deal” with things, it’s easier to head to the shooting range or go for a jog to blow off some steam. Artemis is her family now and she’d do anything for them.

--An expert marksman and interrogator, Bailey is their pit bull. She never quits until she gets what she wants.


Wow, ok, well this interview should be interesting!
Let's get started!

~Rose: It must be challenging to be an assassin- how did you get into that line of work?

~Bailey: I guess you could say I was adopted into it. My behavior sent up some red flags in the foster system and well, the work kind of found me.

~Rose: Is 'Bailey Russell' your real name?

~Bailey: Bailey Russell is the name I was born with according to my birth certificate.

You know, my real birth certificate...

~Rose: Ok, good to know! Well, I can imagine that line of work would be taxing. How do you unwind from a stressful day?

~Bailey: I enjoy a nice glass of wine, or relaxing on the sofa with a movie. I'm pretty low key. Sometimes I go jogging with Eva if I ever need to blow off some steam.

~Rose: Ah yes, wine and a movie- I do the same thing. Do you find it challenging to be a female assassin?  Is there gender issues that come with that, or are you respected?

~Bailey: There are gender issues with come along with being a female assassin but in my experience, I find them handy. Women are often underestimated. I can’t physically intimidate a big man who is six feet tall and literally looking down at me. But that only means he won’t see me as a threat and I can get as close as I need to.

~Rose: Oh true, good point! Like a stealth threat kinda thing. Speaking of male vs female assassins, how did you feel about Ben risking himself to rescue you and your friends, and blowing his cover?

~Bailey: At first, I could only see it professionally. I thought it was a bad call, to waste so much hard work and time undercover but Ben is pretty shrewd. He knew he could still work the mission even without his cover; it was a calculated risk on his part.

Later I realized he just couldn't watch anymore senseless killing. You don’t really never get used to this kind of job. Everything you see stays with you. It burns you out. Ben was reaching the end of his rope. Maybe we both were. I guess I feel like it was fate.

~Rose: Well, that certainly makes sense. Now, who's the "leader" in your relationship with Ben?  Who wears the pants, so to say?

~Bailey: I do! Are you going to ask him these questions, too? Because he’ll deny it.

He’ll smile at you and tell you some whopper about how he wears the pants and just crooks his finger at me and I come running. You’ll believe it, too. It’s the smile. Everyone buys what he says. That charming ass.

~Rose: Wow, that's a dangerous combination, an assassin with a hypnotic smile and lots of charm! I'll be sure to watch out for that if I ever meet him. Ok, if you weren't an assassin, what would you be doing with your life?

~Bailey: If Amelia never found me I’d probably have bounced around a few more foster homes before I struck out on my own again. I’m sure I’d have been busted for liberating a few cars. Everyone’s gotta have a hobby, right?

~Rose: Ha, I love the "liberating a few cars" part! I'll have to remember that.

~Bailey: I think if I chose whatever I wanted as an alternative, I’d be an athlete or a coach. I like being physical, I like the adrenaline rush. Basketball, volleyball, tennis, I like them all. Except for Soccer, which we can’t mention to Ben. He’s all about it. Manchester United and all that.

~Rose: Oh, good to know! Coaching would be fun, I could see you doing that, too. Ok, fun questions now!  What is your favorite food?

~Bailey: We have a pizza and margarita night every so often. I know some of the other girls are all about healthy food and whatever but don’t stand between me and pizza. Come to think of it I’m a bit like a frat boy when it comes to eating habits, but you know, Nora and that hummus. Ugh. I don’t know how she eats that.

~Rose: Mmm, pizza and margarita night sounds fantastic! I may need to implement that at my house. Ok, before we start drooling, let's move on. Where is your favorite place in the world?

~Bailey: New York. Artemis headquarters is my home. Though at the moment my favorite place in the world is about thirty feet away, still in bed. I got up early for this interview but I’m thinking I might crawl back into those arms for a cuddle when I’m done.

~Rose: Well, I can't blame you there. Before you go back to cuddling though, just one more question. What is on the horizon for you now?

~Bailey: There seems to be a leak of information within the Artemis Agency. Let’s just hope we figure out who is behind it before any more trouble crops up. I wouldn’t mind a quiet, relaxing future for a change. Doubt we’ll get it though.

~Rose: Well, good luck luck finding the leak! Thanks for stopping by Desert Rose today, it was great to talk with you, Bailey.



There is a tour wide giveaway for the blog tour of Retribution.

You can win one of two ebook copies of Retribution!


For more information about Bailey and Ben, check out "Retribution" and be sure to follow the tour!  You can find the full tour schedule here.