Thursday, July 23, 2015

"Crossed" by Ally Condie!
*Review & Spotlight*

*Materials & images courtesy of Goodreads; review owned by Desert Rose Reviews.
**Originally published September 17th, 2013; re-posted for our TBT Review.


Matched #2

15812814
~Published: November 1st, 2011

~Pages: 367

~Parent's Guide: PG-13

~Genres: Young Adult, Dystopian, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Romance

The Society chooses everything. 

The books you read. 
The music you listen to. 
The person you love. 

Yet for Cassia the rules have changed. Ky has been taken and she will sacrifice everything to find him. 

And when Cassia discovers Ky has escaped to the wild frontiers beyond the Society there is hope.

But on the edge of society nothing is as it seems...

A rebellion is rising.

And a tangled web of lies and double-crosses could destroy everything.

 About the Author
 Ally Condie



Ally Condie is a former high school English teacher who lives with her husband, three sons and one daughter outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. She loves reading, running, eating, and listening to her husband play guitar.



 My Review

 5/5 Roses

I loved Matched, and this sequel blew it's predecessor out of the water!  After the initial groundwork was laid for the future dystopian world Cassia, Ky and Xander live in, this book picks up right where the first left off, and pushes this adventure into new realms of excitement.  Following Cassia on her harrowing adventure to follow her heart and do what she knows is right, she finds shocks and betrayals around every corner, continually flipping her already warped life upside down.

The characters we met in the first book of this series are all brought farther into the light with this book.  Each seems to change dramatically, and make you question everything you thought you knew about them in the first book.  They all grow and change, secrets are revealed, and all their lives are dramatically and irrevocably shifted.  As in the first book, I love them all.  This book made me even more obsessed and attached to the three main characters than I was with Matched.  A few side characters also returned in this sequel, as well as several new faces, all of who are just as wonderful as the rest.

As in the first, the writing in this book is fantastic.  Ally Condie does a fantastic job with the alternating POV between the three main characters, using a writing style I personally adore.  It's fantastic to read the progressing story from different people's eyes, and get to know them all a bit better.  Personally, I absolutely love this book, and this series, and recommend it to anyone who enjoys YA dystopian adventures, with mild romance.

You can see my review of the first book in the series, Matched, here!

What do you think of this book?  Is it something you'd read?  Let us know in the comments below.

If you enjoyed this post, please share it.

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like Crossed is going to be a winner. Dystopian novels seem to still be very popular with young adult readers along with the paranormal. Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally should! Crossed is even better than Matched, which is really saying something! Totally a series to add to your pile ;) Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lorraine! I'm glad Dystopian is still a popular genre, because I love it. This series is for sure one of the best in the genre I've read so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ll hve to add Crossed to my ‘to read’ list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantasy Is More FunNovember 9, 2013 at 2:31 PM

    When I saw this cover I just new it had to be a sequel to Matched! I didn't read the review, because I still need to read Matched and I don't want any spoilers, but I'm excited to see that you loved the sequel so much! I better get on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love the covers?? I do! I want her dress! :D I hope you love the books as much as I do- it's a great series :)

      Delete

We love comments!! Please feel free to share your thoughts :)